Force Motorsport have secured a superb result at the final round of the Brian Green Property Group New Zealand Rally Championship, with regular driver Andrew Hawkeswood coming home fifth while Australian Brendan Reeves took victory in the pair of Mazda 2 AP4+ cars.
Hawkeswood and co-driver Jeff Cress headed to the event sixth in the championship, but well and truly in the hunt for as high as second place in the first season running the newly developed AP4+ Mazda, while Reeves joined the team for a one-off event in the 2015-spec car. The pair made the perfect start, with Hawkeswood trailing more...
The Cox Motorsport team endured an exhilarating finish to the 2016 Brian Green Property Group New Zealand Rally Championship where the final championship results were not finalised until the last stage of Coromandel Rally. It ended as a successful weekend for Sloan Cox and co-driver Malcolm Read with the duo securing second overall in the championship and Cox also obtaining first in the New Zealand Junior Rally Championship, his last year eligible for this category.
The main aim for Rally Coromandel was winning the junior championship while also pushing hard to secure second in the overall championship. From stage one more...
So the first tarmac rally of the year was no walk in the park. However a 5th place in the weekends Rally Germany has lifted us to a tie of 3rd in the World Championship. Sometimes to put things in perspective for myself, it is amazing to think we are fighting for a top 3 in the world championship in our second full season in the sport. Of course the ultimate goal is the top, but step-by-step we are getting closer – and while doing so achieving all our goals along the way.
Rangiora’s Matt Summerfield has taken his best result of the 2016 Brian Green Property Group New Zealand Rally Championship at the final round, coming home second at the Mahindra Goldrush Rally Coromandel.
Summerfield and co-driving sister Nicole came to the event looking to overcome tough results at the event in previous years. The pair put a lot of effort into refining their pace notes while their team softened the suspension in the Castrol Edge machine and the pair were immediately on the pace, with two fourth fastest and a second fastest time on the opening three stages. That left them to more...
- Hyundai Motorsport and Dani Sordo have extended their current contract to cover the 2017 and 2018 FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) seasons
- Sordo and co-driver Marc Martí have been part of the project since the team’s first rally back in 2014 and have since shown impressive consistency and speed
- Sordo and Martí have taken a total of three podiums for Hyundai Motorsport, including second place at last weekend’s Rallye Deutschland, equalling their best result for the team.
August 22, 2016 - Hyundai Motorsport has today confirmed a two-year extension to its agreement with Dani more...
- Hyundai Motorsport has finished its home event in second and third positions to secure its first double podium result of the 2016 FIA World Rally Championship
- Dani Sordo fended off team-mate Thierry Neuville to second place with the drivers split by a mere 0.1s at the conclusion of a thrilling Power Stage, which was won by Neuville
- Hayden Paddon ensured all three New Generation i20 WRC cars finished inside the top-
five with a positive final morning to secure fifth position.
August 21, 2016 - Hyundai Motorsport has today claimed a fantastic double podium result more...